Partners For Careers Program -Career Counsellor
Primarily works with Aboriginal Youth and Job Seekers to find employment, access training or further education, and assists Employers with employee prospects. A Full Job Description is available on request.
This is a full-time position -35 hrs/week. Wage ranges from $18-20/hr pending qualifications and experience. Expected qualifications include:
- Education and experience in the employment services field.
- Demonstrated facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated assessment skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of aspirations, values and cultures of urban and rural Aboriginal people.
- Knowledge of resources available within the community and Northern Region.
- Organization skills.
- Strong computer knowledge and skills required.
- Ability to use initiative, work independently, with a team, and interagency approaches.
- Valid Class V Driver’s License and access to a vehicle as travel is required.
- Employment is subject to a Criminal Record and Child Abuse Information check.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a cover letter, resume and references by:
Mail: 57 Church Street, Flin Flon, MB R8A 1K8
In person: Monday to Friday 9 am – 5 pm
Deadline for application is July 11, 2017.
Please note only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.